Listening, Learning & Writing
|One of the many classes and seminars|
at the CAFO conference in Dallas
It started in Dallas at the Christian Alliance for Orphans international conference, and ended at our Back2Back site in Monterrey, MX. After two full weeks of seminars, meetings, and interviews, we returned to Indiana with information-overload and ready to process all we'd learned. So now, we are spending time assimilating information, recalling what we learned on the field about family strengthening, and researching best practices about alternative forms of care for at-risk children.
Research is one of Julie's sweet spots. She loves digging and learning what works and what doesn't. I am more of the process person. So I'm developing the processes for how we will roll out training, and how we will determine the readiness of each site for training. Specifically, we are digging deep into foster care programs, Back2Back's Hope Program, transition care for helping young people transition to independent living, and family strengthening (we call it Strong Families).
We are highly motivated to bring best practices and processes to each of the Back2Back sites, but before that happens, we need to do more listening, learning, and writing.
The big news with Eliza and Nate is that Nate started nursing school. He is in an accelerated program and believes he's found his passion. Nick's big news is that he got a 4.0 his first semester at IUPUI, and in the fall will transfer to Indiana University in Bloomington. He has a job and a house secured in Bloomington and is excited to start a new semester in September.
|We just celebrated 31 years together!|
|Nick recently registered for|
classes at Indiana University
Bloomington. He's excited!
- Please continue to pray for Julie's health. While she's stronger, she continues to struggle with consistent good health.
- Pray for Nate as he pursues nursing.
- Pray for Nick's transition to IU Bloomington.
- Pray for Julie and I as we move down this path of identifying the best ways to help the children and families we serve and how to roll out global training.
- Pray for our newest site in the Dominican Republic, that God will direct Back2Back to the right partners and and clear vision for how best to make an impact in this country.
Humbled & Grateful.
erick & julie
erick & julie